In this industry, the cost of termite treatment tends to be an indicator of the quality of service. Cheap prices invariably equate to poor service, cut corners and poor long term results. Sure a quick squirt of chemicals will get rid of the termites which are present at the time, but what about the millions of termites you can’t see in your walls, in the roof and under the floor?
For us, termite treatment is an exact science and corner cutting just isn’t an option. The following describes how we, the Termite Doctors, treat termites and you’ll soon see that this is exactly what makes us different from the rest. Every client – every time!
At the first sign of termites, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISTURB OR DISRUPT the termites in any way! The first thing to do is to call us immediately for a FREE site assessment – we offer these as a part of our termite treatment services on the Sunshine Coast.
We spend one day treating your home and then provide you with a Certificate of Treatment. We pride ourselves on being very tidy and leaving your home exactly as it was when we arrived.
Between 30 – 40 days following your treatment where there are active termites, we return to carry out a *FREE check to make absolutely sure there is no evidence of termites and that your home is protected.
At the first sign of termites, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISTURB OR DISRUPT the termites in any way! The first thing to do is to call us immediately for a FREE site assessment – we offer these as part of our termite treatment services on the Sunshine Coast.
Swift action is the key. Ignore termites at your peril. An entire home can be devoured within 3 months and cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to repair!
When we arrive for your site assessment there are a few things you’ll notice about us:
1) We’ll be clean and tidy, wearing our Termite Doctors uniform with our name embroidered on the breast pocket. We’ll offer you a business card to identify ourselves, as we understand the importance of personal security. We want you to feel certain that we are who we say we are before you invite us into your home.
2) Before we take a step inside your home, we’ll place covers over our shoes so that we don’t track in dirt.
3) Then we listen… we ask you to show us where you found the termites and we’ll find out what bothers you most about the termite termination process. Many people realise the need for treatment, but it is how that treatment is carried out that worries them the most. Will there be damage? Will sentimental items or plants be put at risk? We’ll explain everything, take note of your concerns, and put your mind at ease.
4) We then carry out a thorough assessment of the entire property before designing our termite treatment plan and writing up our cost proposal.
5) Upon your agreement to proceed with the treatment, we make a firm date to return to carry out the work.
2) On treatment day, we arrive as normal – dressed to impress in our Termite Doctors uniform and with shoe covers at the ready. We then invite you to take part in a walkabout where we remind you of what needs to be done and how we plan to do it.
3) Digging is a part of the termite termination process; however we do things a little differently. Firstly, we lay tarpaulins around the digging area so that the soil is restricted to the tarp, rather than make a muddy mess on your lawn or garden. We dig to the footings and remove any building debris left behind by the builder to ensure full and clear penetration of the chemical.
4) Then we mix the termite treatment chemicals – exactly! We follow the manufacturer’s concentration requirements to the letter!
We use Termidor® – a professional-strength, globally tested termiticide. We mix it in dedicated tanks so there is no risk of contamination by other chemicals, which might impact on the effectiveness of the termiticide. Then, using a flow-meter, we deliver exactly the right dose of chemical to the dug out area.
5) The soil is then returned and, if there is not enough due to removal of the builder’s debris, we add sandy loam to ensure a solid, level finish.
6) Drilling though driveways, concrete paths and tiles is often required to ensure proper exposure to the soil below. Drilling occurs every 20cm. While the industry standard is to use a 10mm drill-bit and seal it with a grey plastic cap after treatment, we prefer using a finer 8mm drill-bit and refill with mortar. Where possible, we’ll match the mortar colour as best we can to deliver the neatest possible outcome.
7) Following treatment we clean up properly – and we mean PROPERLY! We understand how important it is for everything to be put back where it came from.The best termite termination services ensure a thorough clean up, and, as far as we’re concerned, the job isn’t complete until the tidy-up is done. Just to make sure you are absolutely satisfied, we finish with another walkabout and explain exactly what we’ve done and where.
8) We present you with a ‘Certificate of Treatment’ which outlines the specifications of the treatment (exactly), where the chemical was applied (exactly), how much was used (exactly) and the name of the chemical used (exactly). This document also includes our qualifications, license for treating termites and our insurance ‘notice of currency’.
9) Finally, we place a ‘Durable Notice’ in the meter box to alert you and future home owners of your termite protection treatment.
Between 30 and 40 days following the termite treatment of your home, we return to carry out a *FREE check. The purpose of our post treatment check is to make absolutely sure that there is no evidence of termites and that your home is protected.
We are the only people in the Termite Industry in Australia who offer this totally unique guarantee for fully treated houses!
If you find active termites within your fully Termidor® treated house within 1 year of our application